Our experienced and professional storage staff is always on hand to help assure that you have all you need for a successful moving and storage experience. We here at Tower Hill Storage in Gainesville would like to add further recommendations via these following suggestions to help you help yourself in preventing damage or deterioration to your belongings as they are moved or stored. We include free professional pest control as a part of our expert service and clean accommodations, but suggest you minimize any other possible adverse effects of improper moving and storage by exercising the following precautions.
- Decide whether you want to use boxes, totes, or other heavy duty containers to store your goods. Depending on what the items are, some means of storage are more suitable than other
- Use proper packing equipment to store your items away, such as bubble wrap, packing paper, and foam peanuts in order to prevent damage of fragile goods.
- It is important to make sure that electrical equipment is both clean and dry before storing.
- Before packing away any metal items, be sure to wipe down surfaces in order to avoid rust or corrosion.
- When packing books, files and other paper documents, lay them flat and use packaging material to fill in any empty spaces.
- When storing items such as clothing or linens, make sure they are dry and clean before packing them in boxes or containers.
- For storing furniture, disassemble individual pieces as much as possible and store them on pallets using corrugated cardboard in between.
- For lamps, wrap the base in packaging material and store separately from the lamp shade.
- Avoid stacking furniture when possible and use lightweight cotton cloth padding to place over furniture pieces to avoid damage, especially when they are made out of wood.
- Items such as computer screens and televisions should be covered with dust covers and wrapped in bubble wrap
In addition to these storage tips, there are certain items which are prohibited at our Gainesville, FL storage facility, such as:
- Explosives & Flammable Items
- Live Animals
- Toxic Items